Plantation shutters are a timeless window treatment for both modern and rustic styles, and their unique design has served Southern California homes for years. Homeowners with top-rated plantation shutters enjoy durable, adjustable window coverings made to fit their spaces.
Besides having classic style, these shutters are a practical investment in durability, privacy, and energy conservation. Shutters like these have adjustable panels for light control and sun protection. At Vineyard Blind & Shutter, we are your local plantation shutters experts. Explore more about this select style to determine if it’s right for you.
Pros and Cons of Plantation Shutters
Each window treatment offers its own advantages and disadvantages. Plantation shutters may be best for your space, depending on your style and needs. Here are a few benefits of plantation shutters:
- Durability: Plantation shutters are timeless for their style and because they last. With natural or faux wood, these structures are an investment that you can enjoy for years to come.
- Light filtering: The rod in the middle of a plantation shutter allows you to adjust the slats between open and closed. When open, your shutters will bring in soft, diffused light.
- Energy conservation: Many homeowners prefer plantation shutters because they can maintain your house’s internal temperature. These window treatments block outside air, so your heating or air conditioning system can conserve energy, saving you money in the process.
- Privacy: There are no openings between the slats when your shutters are closed. This design allows for complete privacy if needed.
- Cleaning: Plantation shutters are easy to clean with a duster on each panel. With proper maintenance, you can enjoy good-as-new shutters for years.
As with any window treatment, there may be reasons that this option doesn’t quite fit your needs. Here are some cons with plantation shutters:
- Price: Plantation shutters’ long life cycles are a significant benefit, but durability often comes at a higher cost. At Vineyard Blind & Shutter, we offer financing options and discounts to help you fit any project into your budget.
- Obstructed view: If you like to see a full, unobstructed view from your window, these shutters may not be the right style for every room. When the slats are open, they’re still visible in the window.
- Maintenance: Some homeowners choose real wood shutters. Like any natural wood structure, these shutters may need maintenance over the years, including re-staining.
Plantation Shutter Styles and Customization
We mount your custom plantation shutters for a perfect fit. From plantation shutter colors to sizes, your window treatment is entirely unique to your home. Choose from different plantation shutter materials like wood, faux wood or vinyl. You can even select vertical plantation shutters for a twist on the original style.
Many people compare plantation shutters vs. blinds because of their similar look and functionality. Plantation shutters are known for their wooden slats, also known as louvers. When you work with us, you can customize your shutters' louver size depending on your window or light control needs. Plantation shutters that open with wider louvers have less obstructed views.
We offer free estimates and installation, saving you the time it takes to measure for your new shutters. At Vineyard Blind & Shutter, we can provide solutions that accommodate large windows and unique shapes.
Where to Place Your Plantation Shutters
Many homes choose plantation shutters for specific rooms instead of using them on every window in their home. When you decide on the right style, you can make your shutters the eye candy of any room. Some homeowners put plantation shutters in the living room since it's a common area that often features large windows.
If you'd prefer other placements for plantation shutters, they're an excellent fit for the primary bedroom or bathroom. Your choice will help us determine the appropriate plantation shutter size and style. Once you know where you want your shutters, we can take it from there.
Enjoy Local Plantation Shutters in Southern California
Plantation shutters create classic farmhouse charm in any home. From modern vertical plantation shutters to timeless accent windows, these fixtures can be a small change with a significant impact.
Are you trying to find the best place to buy plantation shutters? Vineyard Blind & Shutter is Southern California’s local resource for all window treatments with plantation shutters and other solutions. Our experts can visit your space to measure for a custom fit and recommend what would work best.
If you’re looking for a plantation shutter company near you, choose Vineyard Blind & Shutter. We provide free design services, estimates and installation on every project. As a family-operated and veteran-owned business, we offer military and law enforcement discounts and financing options.
If you’re interested in a custom plantation shutter project for your home, please contact us online to schedule your estimate. For more information, you can call us at 951-447-8062.